A properly-drafted Investment Policy Statement is your first line of defense against liability. West Capital Management can write or revise your statement to clearly articulate your plan’s goals, the roles and responsibilities of each fiduciary, and the proper procedures for all trustee decisions.
We believe so strongly in the importance of your Investment Policy Statement that we place our signature to it as a named fiduciary.
Does your Investment Policy Statement clearly define—
- Goals, expectations, objectives and guidelines for managing assets?
- Criteria for reviewing service providers?
- Procedures for selecting, monitoring, evaluating and replacing investment managers?
- Methods for reviewing, controlling, and accounting for all fees?
- The method and frequency of communicating with beneficiaries?